Nerd News of the Week
Apple iPhone OS 3.0 announced
- copy/paste, MMS
- push notification scaled out
- search across the iPhone
So you wanna setup a website?
How do you get started? What are your options?
- your ISP may already provide you with a free page
- blog sites (Blogger, WordPress.com)
- Windows Live & Office Live
- buy a domain name (GoDaddy, for example)
- buy a hosting package (space, bandwidth, features like email and databases)
- build a site using a design tool (high end DreamWeaver, for example)
- use a CMS (TypePad, Expression Engine, WordPress)
Nerd Site of the Week
- We Follow – a Twitter directory that tracks people with the biggest following
Links from this episode:
Poll of the Week
- Are you on the web?
Movie Quote of the week
- “Come over here and fight like a man!” – Big Trouble in Little China