iPhone 3G S
- Apple announced the 3rd generation of their popular smartphone. Did we succumb and get one? Hmmmm.
- We’ll talk about the new phone, the new OS and cell phone contracts.
- When you need medical care, do you feel like you’re at the mercy of the doctors and nurses? Do you trust everything they tell you? How are you supposed to understand all of those complicated-sounding medical terms?
- That’s the problem we ran into recently. We’ll tell you what we learned and how we decided to put the technology that we use and love so much to use to help us figure out what was going on.
- There are plenty of web sites (WebMD, Wikipedia) that can clue you in on things like prescriptions (side effects, conflicts with other meds), medical conditions (describing the symptoms, procedures, risks) and even for researching doctors.
- Cell phones & Wi-Fi let you be accessible to the patient, the medical staff and each other anytime, no matter where you are.
- Social media as a communication tool for family and friends.
- Shared calendars (like Google Calendar) can even be a handy way to allow family members to keep track of doctor follow-ups, prescription schedules, etc.
Nerd word of the week
- “It’s a UNIX system! I know this!” – Lex, Jurassic Park
In other news
- Kindle DX sold out in three days. Yeah, but how many units was this exactly?
- Do you use voice dialing features on your cell phone?