Our feature story this week is all about switching to the Mac. We’ve used Windows computers for YEARS, both professionally and at home. Yet, for various reasons, we each made the switch to Mac at home in the last four years. In this episode, we’ll share with you some of the things we’ve learned along the way in case you are considering making the switch. Or just in case you’ve been wondering what all the fuss is about.
- Verizon shelves plans FiOS expansion
- Netflix ships the Wii disc
- Is your updater at risk?
- Apple bigger than Walmart, 4th biggest public company
Feature Story: Switching to Mac
- What do we like and what don’t we like.
- ease of plug-n-play (ext hard drives, integration with Time Machine backups)
- based on Unix; pleasurable developer experience
- multimedia editing apps built-in
- things seem to work easier
- Finder vs Explorer
- Microsoft Office
- cost of equipment
- March 30, 240 BC – 1st recorded perihelion passage of Halley’s Comet
- March 30, 1853 – Vincent van Gogh, Dutch painter was born (d. 1890)
- March 30, 1945 – Eric Clapton, British guitarist
- March 31, 1909 – Construction begins on the RMS Titanic.