John’s in the market for some NAS to backup his home network. But he wonders if he should consider using services available in the ‘cloud’ instead of, or in addition to, the traditional approach of buying some hard drives. We’ll explore the good and the bad.
- Facebook shuts down their Lite site
- Apple will replace faulty third-gen iPod shuffle headphones
- Prototype iPhone was left at bar by Apple software engineer
- Microsoft pitches cloud to help manage PCs
- Amazon Debunks Top 5 Myths of Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Cloud announcements this week
- Google: mail, reader, docs, calendars, contacts, pics
- Amazon Cloud storage, Carbonite, MSFT LiveShare(?)
- value (cost, D/R, sharing), risks (speed, captive)
- April 21, 1994 – The first discoveries of extrasolar planets are announced by astronomer Alexander Wolszczan.
- April 21, 1965 – The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season
- April 21, 753 BC – Romulus and Remus founded Rome (traditional date).
- April 22, 2001 – Andrew born (WfN offspring)
- April 22, 1998 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom opens at Walt Disney World (zoo tech)
- April 22, 1970 – The first Earth Day is celebrated. (green tech)
- April 22, 1904 – Robert Oppenheimer, American physicist is born (atomic tech)
- April 22, 1950 – Peter Frampton, English musician (wa-wa tech)