Apple releases iOS4 into the wild prior to iPhone 4 launch day. We’ve got a first look.
- Utah Attorney General Announces Execution on Twitter
- WordPress 3.0 update has 1200+ fixes
- Korean Minister of Culture shutting down 43,000 sites.
- Sports fans breaking records on Twitter. The social media site has been experiencing growing pains again.
- Data captured by Google Street View includes passwords and emails
- All kinds of order processing problems as iPhone 4 sells out on 1st day to preorder.
- Amazon slashes price of Kindle 2 after B&N does same for Nook.
- Surprise! new Mac Mini with HDMI.
Feature Story: iOS 4
- iOS4 is out. 378MB download. Went live at 1PM ET.
- What was the Monday rush to download it like?
- How does it behave on 3GS?
- New features that they didn’t advertise?
- Promised features
- Multi-tasking (if app has been updated)
- Global Inbox (threaded views, too)
- Folders (12 apps max/folder)
- Spell Check in Mail, Notes, other apps
- Home screen wallpaper
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- Sell your old phone
- iOS 4.0 Gold Master SDK publicly released
- Windows Live Messenger for iPhone? and Hotmail?
- June 20, 1877 – Alexander Graham Bell installs the world’s first commercial telephone service in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- June 21, 1948 – The Manchester Small-Scale Experimental Machine, the world’s first stored-program computer, ran its first computer program.
- June 20, 1963 – The so-called “red telephone” is established between the Soviet Union and the United States following the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- June 20, 2003 – The WikiMedia Foundation is founded in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- June 21, 2010 – The Summer Solstice is today. The longest day of the year!