- BMC Acquires Database Automation Solutions Provider
- Cisco and BMC partner to deliver an Integrated Cloud Delivery Platform.
- Netflix Turns From Oracle, IBM to Amazon to Save Cash; and gets added to the S&P 500.
- Dell buys Compellent for $960 million
- Gartner’s Tech Trends Conference list Top 10 IT trends for 2011
- Microsoft to host mail, IM and sharepoint for 120,000 federal workers from Dept of Agriculture.
- Dept of Interior gets sued by google for MSFT favoritism
- Paul Allen gets deadline of Dec 28 from Judge Pechman for patent lawsuit
- 62 minute briefing on IT management reform by the Feds, as it has 2,100 data centers! CIO Vivek Kundra has a 25 point plan to cut 800+ data centers by 2015. “Moving to a cloud-first strategy”.