- Yahoo fires CEO and puts company up for sale.
- Atari is back! Sort of.
- Schmidt says Ice Cream Sandwich for everyone in October. Or November.
- Lunar Reconnaisance Orbiter sends back high res pics of the Apollo landing sites. This is on the front end the GRAIL-A and B probes being launched tomorrow morning at 837am.
- Microsoft pushing for their own tablets.
This Week in Nerd History:
- Sept 7, 1813 – U.S. is Uncle Sam
- Sept 8, 1966 – The first Star Trek series premieres on NBC.
- Sept 7, 1998 – Google gets incorporated.
- Sept 9, 2001 – At exactly 01:46:40 UTC, the Unix billenium is reached, marking the beginning of the use of 10-digit Unix timestamps.
- Saturday will be 9/10/11