- Are you running the Windows 8 Developer Preview yet? Heck, even the BSOD gets a ‘facelift’ in v8. And no Intel apps on the ARM-based tablets.
- 2 in 5 Facebook users ditch brand pages.
- Netflix rebranding DVD mail business as Qwikster. Lost more customers than expected, so CEO apologizes.
- Mobile Payment Smackdown: 100M Paypal users moving into the Real World? MasterCard and Google Wallet are teaming up to compete.
- How about a 26 foot Rubik’s cube?
This Week in Nerd History:
- September 18, 1927 – The Columbia Broadcasting System goes on the air.
- September 19, 1982 – Scott Fahlman posts the first documented emoticons 🙂 and 🙁 on the Carnegie Mellon University Bulletin Board System.
- September 18, 1998 – ICANN is formed.