Bad news for you and Zappos. And Mini Cooper owners. The sky is falling! But its just a Russian space probe. All this and much more on this week’s show!
Sponsor: MozyPro Online Backup: Simple, Automatic & Secure Backup
- Don’t buy shoes until you change your password on Zappos!
- Pump up the Mini…carefully.
- 850+ million users and an impending IPO for Facebook.
- Skype to be on Windows Phone and Xbox Live soon.
- Sources say iPad 3 is in production now.
- Up and At Them! IBM stores data smashed into atoms.
- The sky is falling! No wait that’s a failed Russian Mars probe. Where? Nobody knows…
This Week in Nerd History:
- Jan 15, 1889 – The Coca-Cola Company, then known as the Pemberton Medicine Company, is originally incorporated in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Jan 19, 1953 – 68% of all television sets in the United States are tuned in to I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.
- Jan 15, 1986 – The Living Seas opens at EPCOT Center in Walt Disney World Resort, Florida.
- Jan 20, 1986 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is celebrated as a federal holiday for the first time.
- Jan 18, 2012 – Internet blackout to protest Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and PROTECT IP Act (PIPA).