Intel & AMD make news. So does Western Digital. And Microsoft readies some major versions of two of its flagship products. How do all of these things tie together? We’ll explain on this week’s show.
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces
- Intel Xeon updated, based on Sandy Bridge
- AMD buys SeaMicro for microservers.
- Is FTC protecting businesses and consumers with protection from Western Digital/Toshiba merger?
- Azure Leap Day cloudtage
- Microsoft also released Windows Server 8 Beta
- SQL Server 2012 RTM. A big deal for Big Data?
- “Work alone… Not on a committee. Not on a team.”
- “we discovered that we consistently chose to jettison the old in favor of the new, and when we were done, we had changed absolutely everything.”
- James T. Kirk Leadership tips
- What is a Data Scientist?