The new iPad is out. Are you disappointed or did you already pre-order one? We’ll talk about what’s new and what else Apple announced and why you might care. Plus, a fun alphabet that will test your nerdyness and your memory, too!
- The new iPad.
- What was included in the announcement?
- What was left out?
- Apple TV in 1080p and Streaming in the cloud
- iOS5.1 updates (delete from PhotoStream, camera access on lock screen, improved iTunes Match)
- Can you name every one in the Sci-Fi Film alphabet ?
This Week in Nerd History:
- March 15, 44 BC – Julius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March.
- March 13, 1639 – Harvard College is named for clergyman John Harvard.
- March 11, 1824 – The United States Department of War creates the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- March 12, 1912 – The Girl Guides (later renamed the Girl Scouts of the USA) are founded in the United States.
- March 11, 2011 – An earthquake measuring 9.0 in magnitude strikes 130 km (81 mi) east of Sendai, Japan, triggering a tsunami killing thousands of people. This event also triggered the second largest nuclear accident in history, and one of only two events to be classified as a Level 7 on the International Nuclear Event Scale.