People continue to ‘assemble’ to see The Avengers. We’ll talk about this record-breaking phenomenon. Plus a look at storage options when you’ve outgrown that internal hard drive but still want something that isn’t terribly slow. All this and more.
Mobile App of the Week:
- Tune In Radio Pro: stream your local radio stations and police scanners! Set reminders, and record shows for off-line listening.
- Is a smaller iPad on the way? Multiple reports say we’ll see one before the end of the year. It may be thinner, too.
- Apple’s iCloud is expected to gain photo and video sharing services this Summer; probably just before MobileMe goes away at the end of June.
- It’s $1 Billion in 19 days for Marvel’s The Avengers. The movie became the 1st to gross >$100M in its second weekend and has already passed The Dark Knight to become the 11th highest grossing movie of all time. And it’s not slowing down. And so few of them stuck around to see the bonus scenes.
Storage Solutions for your Home Network
- With the ever increasing storage requirements needed to store your family photos, music libraries and videos of your kids’ soccer games, you are probably running out of hard drive space. Furthermore, you probably have more than one computer in the household, so how do you share this content to all of your devices? We’ll talk about Network Attached Storage (NAS) and how this can help.
- Links to the companies we talked about in this segment include: Drobo, Synology and NetGear ReadyNAS.
This Week in Nerd History:
- May 15, 1905 – Las Vegas, Nevada, is founded when 110 acres (0.45 km2), in what later would become downtown, are auctioned off.
- May 14, 1944 – A long time ago, in a California suburb far, far, away… George Lucas was born.
- May 14, 1973 – Skylab, the United States’ first space station, is launched.