The Cavs top the NBA’s best team in a game that had playoff intensity. Then they drop the next two without Kyrie and some bad free throw shooting from Lebron. Can they right the ship with 4 games in 5 nights this week? Meanwhile, can the Browns do anything right lately? From botched logo redesigns to signing a QB that just wants to be a mentor, the guys in Berea aren’t winning the publicity game. We’ll recap the week that was. It’s GameTime!
Running Time: 43:02
1Q: Josh McCown
- Brian Hoyer is out, 35 year old Josh McCown in.
- Hoyer wanted to be a starter. McCown is happy to be a mentor. So we opted for a guy who is not interested in fighting for a job?
2Q: Browns Logo Change
- A bolder shade of orange. A brown face mask. And this required a press conference?
- No imagination at all.
- The Browns continue to be an embarrassment in everything they do. National media mocked us, justifiably, for the logo ‘change’.
- This isn’t why you want to be on the Tonight Show.
3Q: Cavs Falter
- Impressive win against the Warriors. Team effort, but defense gives up easy buckets too often.
- Kyrie injured his shoulder, missed the next two games.
- Blatt sat LBJ the next night against Indiana, team plane had problems. Expected, and got, a letdown loss in that one.
- Another good game against a tough Houston team on Sunday until late in 4th and OT where Cavs reverted to 2008 version of themselves. Lebron dribbles for 22 seconds while other 4 guys stand in corners. Then he hoists a 3 pointer. WE CAN’T HAVE THIS ANYMORE. There are more talented guys on this team now.
4Q: Lebron vs Harden
- This became a game of Lebron trying to show up Harden for MVP.
- LBJ had 37 pts, but it took 35 shots (15-35) to get those. He can’t shoot that much. NOBODY should shoot that much.
- If Blatt can’t fix this come 2nd rd of playoffs, expect more of the same.
- JR Smith played 51 minutes. Mozgov only 18 mins and not in late at all. Kendrick Perkins DNP. Weird rotations out of Blatt on this one.
- James Harden suspended one game for kicking Lebron in the nuts.
- The brutal schedule continues this week with two more back-to-backs and 4-in-5 nights.
- TUES – Cavs host Boston TUES.
- WED – @Toronto
- FRI – @Atlanta
- SAT – Phoenix
[box style=”quote”]Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of GameTime Cleveland, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Subscribe to the GTC podcast. It’s 100% free!
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe with RSS (for Android and other non-iTunes)
- Subscribe with Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe with TuneIn Radio